Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Artist in Me: Raks Molata's On the Spot Caricature Drawing

I was at Asian Hospital last Saturday to meet up with my ophthalmologist. After the consultation, we (Ate and I) saw a woman in the lobby with her sketch pad, pens and some coloring materials. It turned out that she belongs to a group of artist doing some sketching for a very reasonable price and some of the percentage of your donation will benefit the children's department of the hospital. All you have to do is sit down for less than ten minutes and Voila! You have a caricature of your self PLUS you'll be able to help the artists and the hospital's cause as well.

After a lot of chatting, I found out that the artist's name is Raquel "Raks" Molata. She's the one who did the sketch for me and my sister's. I also learned that she was doing some "Mother and Child" paintings as well. The group where she's working with are also doing some portraits and studio works.

I promised to blog her and in exchange she promised to have my "to be" boyfriends caricature for free. So for those of you who are interested for any inquiries, you can contact Raks Molata on this email address: raksmolata@yahoo.com. I am posting the calling card that she has given me if you want more details.

The Artist Raks Molata at work.

It feels just right to have a shot of me, the artist and the finished product. :)

The artist was able to draw as per my request: This is me on red bikini! :)

I am adding this for those of you who want to take a closer look at the face details. 

To those interested you may contact Raks Molata via email and mobile phone. :)


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...