Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Artist in Me: Something French


Puzzled by what I always saw on the covers of Vogue and other fashion magazines, I always wanted to go to Milan and Paris - which are classified to be the fashion capitals during my younger years. Well, I was able to fulfill my lifelong plan of going to Milan due to my biz trip there mid-part this year - a really fortunate thing on my part. So that leaves me to go to one more place - Paris. I can see myself strolling along Avenue des Champs-Élysées while taking a glimpse of expensive shopping places and a view of Arc de Triomphe


Avenue des Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe

Well, I do hope that someday, somehow my footsteps will mark the concrete floors of the famous Champs just like the lady on Louis Anquetin's painting below. Hope springs eternal. 

Woman on the Champs-Élysées by night (c. 1891) by Louis Anquetin (1861-1932)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...